Power Washing and Roof Cleaning Forum

Welcome to the National Soft Wash Alliance, America's Number One Networking and Training Forum. Join Today, Donations to keep the forum going are accepted, Bottom of the Home Page
Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: What is a good mix?


Approved Exteior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 818
Date:
What is a good mix?
Permalink  
 


Aloha everyone again! I have a painter that uses me and I am wondering what is a good cheap mix for softwashing a home before he paints? Typically the homes are wood sometimes I get stucco . Please any advice is nice mahalo

__________________

 

Chris Mozick

Paradise Pressure Washing, LLC

Honolulu HI

808-457-9301

Paradisepressurewashing808@gmail.com

 



Founding Member Rest in Peace

Status: Offline
Posts: 3162
Date:
Permalink  
 

Are you applying with a roof pump or a pressure washer?

Hank

__________________

Pocono Non Pressure Roof & Exterior Cleaning, LLC

Stroudsburg, PA 18360


Serving the Pocono and Lehigh Valley(Carbon, Lehigh, Northampton, Monroe, Pike and Wayne Counties), PA community as well as both Warren and Sussex Counties of New Jersey



Approved Exteior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 818
Date:
Permalink  
 

Using a pressure washer for this one.

__________________

 

Chris Mozick

Paradise Pressure Washing, LLC

Honolulu HI

808-457-9301

Paradisepressurewashing808@gmail.com

 



Founding Member Rest in Peace

Status: Offline
Posts: 3162
Date:
Permalink  
 

In theory you do want more than 1 to 2% hitting the surface. If it is wood I would I would lean towards the 1%. Stucco or dryvit might need a stronger mix. It depends on how bad the infestation is. Is this painted wood surfaces?

Hank

__________________

Pocono Non Pressure Roof & Exterior Cleaning, LLC

Stroudsburg, PA 18360


Serving the Pocono and Lehigh Valley(Carbon, Lehigh, Northampton, Monroe, Pike and Wayne Counties), PA community as well as both Warren and Sussex Counties of New Jersey



Approved Exterior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 1864
Date:
Permalink  
 

its gonna be tough to get a strong enough mix to clean stucco using a DS. Maybe look at getting an x-jet attachment.

__________________

Ray Burke

Spray Wash Exterior Cleaning

Tallahassee Kitchen Exhaust & Hood Cleaning

 Superior Commercial Exterior Cleaning in Tallahassee, Florida

http://www.spray-wash.com

 

850-528-3226

850-320-6364

 

 



Approved Exteior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 818
Date:
Permalink  
 

Thank you for your info. The wood house is painted presure treated wood I'm just cleaning mold and dirt off the contracted said he is going to go after and sand he just doesn't want a lot of white powder left behind I believe that us the old paint residue

__________________

 

Chris Mozick

Paradise Pressure Washing, LLC

Honolulu HI

808-457-9301

Paradisepressurewashing808@gmail.com

 



Approved Exterior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 5208
Date:
Permalink  
 

You better check and make sure its not lead paint.
What happened to your introduction post that I asked you to do twice?

__________________

            clean rite logo (3).jpg

                          Suffolk County Long Island New York

                     Power Washing and Roof Cleaning Long Island

                                          Clean Rite Blog

 

 

 

                  

                    

              

 



Approved Exterior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 1896
Date:
Permalink  
 

I don't Power wash but i had a friend who did. He power washed a home for a painter....I think in less then a year or two the paint fell apart.....the painter blamed it all on the power washer. It was a tuff situation for him, I believe the home owner even went after him. He did finally beat it but it was ugly for him....he said he wouuld never again PW for a painter again.

__________________

http://www.CharliesRoofCleaning.com

http://www.RoofCleaningCo.com/

Serving Long Island, N.Y.

Bayport N.Y.

631-433-6449



Approved Exteior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 818
Date:
Permalink  
 

Sorry where do I do the intro ar

__________________

 

Chris Mozick

Paradise Pressure Washing, LLC

Honolulu HI

808-457-9301

Paradisepressurewashing808@gmail.com

 



Approved Exterior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 5208
Date:
Permalink  
 

Chris Mozick wrote:

Sorry where do I do the intro ar


 http://www.nationalsoftwashalliance.com/f602060/new-members-introductions/



__________________

            clean rite logo (3).jpg

                          Suffolk County Long Island New York

                     Power Washing and Roof Cleaning Long Island

                                          Clean Rite Blog

 

 

 

                  

                    

              

 



Approved Exterior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 776
Date:
Permalink  
 

Patrick G wrote:

I don't Power wash but i had a friend who did. He power washed a home for a painter....I think in less then a year or two the paint fell apart.....the painter blamed it all on the power washer. It was a tuff situation for him, I believe the home owner even went after him. He did finally beat it but it was ugly for him....he said he wouuld never again PW for a painter again.


 Good info Pat! I've been asked to prep for paint. I tell them we soft wash. its not, maybe, what the painter had in mind.  Dodged a couple of bullets, I guess???



__________________

Affordable and Safe Soft Washing,

Roof Cleaning Service in Maryland,

PG county Maryland | Southern Maryland

 



Approved Exterior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 1896
Date:
Permalink  
 

Maybe Mike, or maybe get somthing in writing that the painter takes all responsibility?

__________________

http://www.CharliesRoofCleaning.com

http://www.RoofCleaningCo.com/

Serving Long Island, N.Y.

Bayport N.Y.

631-433-6449



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1816
Date:
Permalink  
 

I recently sold a job....then lost it to the painter. He said there would be no warranty on his paint job if he didn't clean it first. Never found out what he was charging but we must have been close in price. I just used good business practices to land the job.....he used a scare tactic to get it back.

I'd probably do the same though. I would never warranty where someone else has been.

__________________


Approved Exterior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 1306
Date:
Permalink  
 

I have had that happen a few times this year as well.



__________________

 

 roofwizardlogo.png
John Aloisio - Owner

The Roof Wizard - Non Pressure Roof & Exterior Cleaning

880 S. Grand St. , Hammonton, NJ 08037

John@theroofwizard.net

www.theroofwizard.net

609-705-0093 

     

 



Approved Exterior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 831
Date:
Permalink  
 

Baton Rouge Roof Cleaner wrote:

I recently sold a job....then lost it to the painter. He said there would be no warranty on his paint job if he didn't clean it first. Never found out what he was charging but we must have been close in price. I just used good business practices to land the job.....he used a scare tactic to get it back.

I'd probably do the same though. I would never warranty where someone else has been.


 When ever a customer calls me for prepping a house to paint it, I ALWAYS tell them to hire a painter that does his own cleaning and prep work. I will not prep or clean houses in preparation for painting.  There is a difference in cleaning a house as we do, and prepping (cleaning) a house for painting.   

I do get the customer on a once a year cleaning program after the painting is done though.



__________________

Doug Rucker 

Doug Ruckers Pressure Cleaning School

Call or Text 281.883.8470

 

Awesome Houston Texas Pressure Washing Services

 



Approved Exterior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 1864
Date:
Permalink  
 

Doug Rucker wrote:
Baton Rouge Roof Cleaner wrote:

I recently sold a job....then lost it to the painter. He said there would be no warranty on his paint job if he didn't clean it first. Never found out what he was charging but we must have been close in price. I just used good business practices to land the job.....he used a scare tactic to get it back.

I'd probably do the same though. I would never warranty where someone else has been.


 When ever a customer calls me for prepping a house to paint it, I ALWAYS tell them to hire a painter that does his own cleaning and prep work. I will not prep or clean houses in preparation for painting.  There is a difference in cleaning a house as we do, and prepping (cleaning) a house for painting.   

I do get the customer on a once a year cleaning program after the painting is done though.


 AMEN!!!!!!

 



__________________

Ray Burke

Spray Wash Exterior Cleaning

Tallahassee Kitchen Exhaust & Hood Cleaning

 Superior Commercial Exterior Cleaning in Tallahassee, Florida

http://www.spray-wash.com

 

850-528-3226

850-320-6364

 

 



Approved Exterior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Date:
Permalink  
 

Well said Doug!



__________________
Michael Wedge


Approved Exteior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 818
Date:
Permalink  
 

Job went good. Thanks everyone for your info;) have homeowner my card and told her a regular year wash will keep your house looking great. He seemed very pleased an said she will inform her neighbors. When I was done she wanted to call the painter back and tell him not to paint because the house looked new again ;) lol hopefully I get more calls she said she would tell her neighbors. Thanks again everyone. I'll send pics later heading to LA Disney vacation with family.

__________________

 

Chris Mozick

Paradise Pressure Washing, LLC

Honolulu HI

808-457-9301

Paradisepressurewashing808@gmail.com

 

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!